Node.js DeveloperJuly 7, 2021
Translator, English & Another Foreign LanguageAugust 25, 2021
Plant an App is a rising startup in one of the fastest-growing areas of digital technology, Low-Code SaaS development. Founded in Silicon Valley with a strong US and Romanian presence. Our technology helps companies of any size reduce costs and risks by enabling rapid and iterative delivery in an environment designed for collaboratively building custom web applications in a secure cloud or on premise infrastructure. We are proud of our quality first culture and it shows in the engagement and loyalty of our fast growing community of customers and partners. If you’re excited to be part of a driven, supportive, fast paced and fun team, Plant an App is a great place to grow your career!
We are hiring a talented Quality Engineer professional to join our team. As a Quality Engineer at Plant an App, no two days will be the same. Due to the unique nature of our product, market, and worldwide client base you’ll be exposed to learning about and helping develop a broad spectrum of cutting edge capabilities that are changing the world. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in or leading a mature QA/QE process and help lead us in developing ours. You will start at the beginning, learning the product and our current practices. As you get immersed, your ultimate goal will be to help develop and maintain a world class, data driven and automated QE framework for maximizing product quality in every release.
This is a remote position available from anywhere in Romania or anywhere in the world.
- Actively participating in the Agile software development process by participating in agile ceremonies and providing constructive feedback on process improvement.
- Collaborate in requirement & design review sessions; evaluate requirements & design documents from a testability standpoint and remove any ambiguity.
- Lead in developing and maturing all aspects of our quality assurance program including requirements understanding, test strategies, test execution and tracking quality assurance metrics.
- Prepare and maintain test environments and their deployment to support quality activities.
- Participate and contribute at defect triage meetings with our Product, Support and Delivery teams.
- Support Pull Request process for approval and merging content into development and test environments.
- Create, analyze and report metrics that provide insight into QE team performance.
- Reading complex requirements and technical specifications and translating them into clearly understandable test cases; demonstrate advanced writing ability.
- Create test cases, execute manual test scripts and perform ad-hoc testing for requirement validation, acceptance criteria validation, integration, regression, performance, and usability testing.
- Identifying, logging and tracking issues and defects and managing them to resolution.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Create functional automation test scripts utilizing modular frameworks, programmatic test tools and establish best practices required to execute test plans.
- Proactively mentor QA/QE Testers regarding quality best practices and software testing disciplines to strengthen individual contributions to the team.
- Interact with customers and help provide support, testing, and customer service.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) experience from Requirements and Design Reviews, Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution, Bug Reporting, Testing Closure, and Software Release.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Experience with tools such as Azure DevOps, GitLab or Selenium.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
Keys to success
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills, able to set priorities, and responsive to customer requests.
- Adaptability, including the ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience with applications written in C#, .NET framework and SQL Server.
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL, Postgres) and some form of scripting desired.
- Self-motivated with sharp customer service and results-oriented focus.
- Skills in creative thinking, teamwork, problem-solving, decision-making, and time management.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing a plus.
For more details, please send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org